Over the weekend, Mike Kelley, Tom Harris, and Hall + Merrick’s Kendal McCaugherty went live on Youtube to chat about all things architectural photography related. Quite a few folks have written in asking if it was possible to watch the video after the live stream ended, and where to find it. If you missed it in real-time, no worries, you can check it out right here!
In Kendall’s interview, you can expect to hear a wealth of information and experience. Some of my favorite topics that were touched on were:
- Developing a timeless and unique style by honing your skills
- Don’t replicate photos you’ve seen, but rather, actually interpret the architecture in front of you
- Producing the best work as possible, not as much work as possible
- There are no quick details, so take your time on each and every shot you set up
- When possible, do your hero shot first, as it sets the tone for your shoot
- Working with clients and the collaborative process
- Setting expectations so things go smoothly on location
There’s a lot of great insight here, so kick back, relax, and enjoy!